Compatibility bugs are compatibility issues with specific problems such as apps or Operating Systems.
- Since The Sims was written for Windows 9x, the game must be ran using an Administrator account on NT systems. On Windows XP for example, the game will not start with a Limited account.
The Sims 2Edit
- Since the DSi, DSi XL/LL, 3DS and 3DS XL/LL, Moogoo Monkey cannot be unlocked when playing the DS version of these systems. However, it can be played if it was unlocked on the DS or DS Lite.
- When running Windows Vista or later, Sims2Pack files will prompt for an Administrator password or consent if UAC is on. Disabling UAC will allow the Sims2Pack files to install with the Standard account.
- The Sims 2 is impossible to run or install on Mac OS X Lion as The Sims 2 is a PowerPC app which Lion dropped support for PowerPC apps.
The Sims 3Edit
- When Mac OS X Lion was released, most Macs have problems running The Sims 3 often affecting Macs using integrated graphics.
- There's a notable issue with Bitdefender where The Sims 3 will not start.
The Sims MedievalEdit
Originally [www.sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_Medieval The Sims Medieval] didn't work on Windows 8 but on December 2013, EA updated the game on Origin to work on it. This requires re-downloading The Sims Medieval.