Due to a flaw, The Sims 3 doesn't detect video cards newer than what was released.
Reason of dialogEdit
The Sims 3 checks the video card using the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files. If the card is listed, no warning is displayed. However, newer video cards such as the Radeon R7/R9 graphics and the NVIDIA 900 series aren't listed so starting The Sims 3 or The Sims Medieval causes the warning to be displayed.
This is noticeable if one has a newer PC or Mac since the newer computers, especially the gaming computers, tend to have newer cards.
Cards affected (TS3)Edit
The following information is used for The Sims 3 Into the Future with version 1.67. You may get a warning even with some older cards if running older Sims 3 versions or The Sims Medieval.
- AMD Radeon cards past the HD 7000 series such as the Radeon R Series
- AMD FirePro Workstation cards
- NVIDIA GeForce 600, 700, and 900 series cards
- NVIDIA GeForce 700M, 800M, 900M
- Intel HD 4400, 5000, etc.
- Intel Iris